ABOUT FORIAN INC.
Forian provides a unique suite of SaaS solutions, data management capabilities, and proprietary data and analytics to optimize and measure operational, clinical, and financial performance for customers within the traditional and emerging life sciences, healthcare payer and provider segments.
The DevOps Engineer (Associate Operations Engineer) will be responsible for executing the tools and processes to enable software development (Dev) and information-technology operations (Ops) with the goal of shortening the systems development life cycle while providing security and continuous integration and delivery in a cost efficient manner. The ideal candidate has strong experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS) CodeBuild and CloudFormation to build cloud formation templates and deploy custom applications built with other AWS services like S3, Glue and EMR. The DevOps Engineer will work in conjunction with software engineering and IT to deploy new products and manage our infrastructure and associated cloud-based processes. Attention to details, strong problem solving, and a customer service mindset are needed. Position will initially be remote but some travel for meetings is anticipated. Employee preferred locations include: CA, CO, CT, FL, MA, MD, NJ, NY or PA.
● Supporting the development of Big Data analytics environments
● Keeping product infrastructure running, up-to-date and secure.
● Driving deployments and rollouts from the infrastructure side.
● Improving CI/CD systems and making the whole process work efficiently.
● Working with our data and software engineers to identify and define requirements considering state-of-the-art security standards.
● Minimum one year of experience with implementation of Continuous Delivery and/or DevOps solutions or architecture patterns and management using Jenkins, Git, Subversion, Maven, Ant, or comparable tools. Codepipeline and Codebuild is a plus.
● Minimum one year working in an AWS Cloud infrastructure environment with IAM profile and security configuration experience.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of agile methodologies and tools (e.g. Scrum, JIRA).
● Basic system administration skills in both a Windows and Linux environment needed.
● Two or more years of experience working in an Agile delivery environment
● Advanced System Administration experience working in a hybrid Linux and windows server environment. Experience with Gsuite , Okta SSO or other SSO platforms.
● Multiple years experience with Amazon Web Services and Big Data Solutions like Hortonworks, Spark , EMR , Athena , Redshift , Kinesis , API Gateway , Route 53 , IAM , S3 , AWS CLI, Cloudwatch , Cloudtrail , AWS Orgs .
● Experience running, monitoring, and maintaining a live production system with a proven track history.
● The ability to teach and train others in the methodologies and practices used in Devops
Forian, and our subsidiaries, offer comprehensive benefits package and a flexible working environment.