Forian has an immediate need for a Data Engineer to join a fast-paced data management team developing extensive serverless big data products in healthcare, cannabis, life sciences, and consumer analytics. The Data Engineer will play a vital role collaborating as part of a globally distributed, cross-functional team to create, manage and enhance data ingestion and processing pipelines, address big data & data integration challenges and deliver data products to our clients. The Data Engineer will work closely with other software engineers, DevOps, and data analysts on the following key tasks:
- Work with implementation teams from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully deploying large scale data solutions in the enterprise, using modern data and analytics technologies in the cloud
- Work with the sales and delivery teams from concept to operations, providing subject matter expertise, solutioning, and delivery of FORIAN data products.
- Contribute to data product development by providing recommendations regarding design, standardization, scalability of FORIAN data products.
- Extracting, Loading, Transforming, cleaning, and validating data
- Designing pipelines and architectures for data processing
- Integrate massive datasets from multiple data sources for data modeling
- Querying datasets, visualizing query results and creating reports
- Perform data ETL, statistical and analytical analyses, and communicate insights and recommendations to internal stakeholders and external clients
- Perform algorithmic analysis to optimize runtime performance and other improvements
- Discover patterns in complex structured and unstructured data and optimize ETL processes
- Implement strategies to assess data quality throughout the software development life cycle
- Advise on best practices for software engineering for data applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals and relational data (SQL) experience
- Passion for continuous integration, and test-driven engineering methodologies
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You should be able to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your beliefs.
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn.
- You ask questions and don’t shy away from challenges.
- 3+ years of experience developing Big Data ETL in Spark
- 3+ years of experience developing in Python
- 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL
- 2+ years of experience working with key AWS technologies including Lambda, Glue, EMR, and S3
- Masters’ degree
- Experience working with consumer demographic/psychographic data
- Experience working with pharmacy and/or medical claims data
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or cannabis industries
- Experience architecting and delivering data and analytics platforms
- Proven knowledge of distributed system schedulers (Kubernetes, Hadoop YARN, Spark standalone)
- Experience with AWS Step Functions
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
Forian Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.