Forian, Inc. (“Forian”, “we“, “us” or “our”) takes the security and privacy of your personal information very seriously. This Privacy and Cookie Notice (“Notice”) describes how we process personal data about you that we collect through our website, located at www.forian.com, as well as any other applications operated and controlled by us from which you are accessing this Notice (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as by telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other offline means or media. By accessing and using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
Personal Data We Collect
“Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as: name, email address, postal address, telephone number, and email address.
We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site (contact forms).
- If you register to maintain an account with us, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when registering, which will include your username and password.
- Information that you provide by making payments through the Site. This may include your address, telephone number, email address, and credit card information. We may also retain details of your specific transactions with us.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that you provide in order to benefit from a particular feature or participate in a particular activity, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or sign up for a newsletter.
We may combine your Personal Data with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history or Traffic Data. We may also combine your Personal Data with information we receive about you from other sources, such as our affiliates, publicly available information sources, and third parties. We treat the combined information as Personal Data.
We may inform you of other Personal Data collected by or through the Site at the point of collection.
How We Use Personal Data
We use Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Specifically, we may use Personal Data from or about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To complete your payments through the Site.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you.
- To personalize our advertising, marketing communications, and to deliver promotions and offers to you that we think may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Site.
- To create and manage your account with Forian.
- To prevent misuse or improper use of the Site.
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
- If you sign up for our email list or to send you emails about offers or events that we think might be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new features, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- We may use non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form without restriction, and we may share such information with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third-parties for analytics purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties as described in this Notice or as otherwise described at the point where we collect the information about you, including:
- Affiliates. We may transfer or disclose Personal Data to our affiliated companies and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may engage third parties to provide administrative and technical services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, fulfillment partners, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide those services.
- Promotions and Other Offers. We may disclose your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties, including by sharing or selling demographic information, advertising and device identifiers, IP address, and usage statistics to our advertising partners and other third parties, some of whom may use it to offer promotions to you for other products and services.
- Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your Personal Data to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Traffic Data. We disclose Traffic Data as described in Sections 6 (Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices) and 7 (Interest Based Advertising) of this Notice.
Your Rights and Choices
You may opt out of having information that we can verify is your Personal Data and that is within our control prospectively retained by us or used by us for certain purposes by sending us an email at email@example.com. In the subject field, type “Opt Out” and provide us your name and the e-mail, phone or postal address. We may require additional information from you to verify your identity and identify the information within our systems that is your Personal Data. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain your Personal Data for certain purposes permitted by law, including if required by law or legal process. In addition, you may opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and text messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such messages. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, this does not impact other transactional and administrative messages which you will continue to receive (such as emails relating to billing and payment information or changes to this Notice). If you have registered for an account with us, you may delete the account at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party Websites
Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-
connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Site.
- recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Site easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Site;
- gather statistical information about use of the Site in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how individuals use it, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding it;
- select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Site and on other websites, applications, and online services that you use; and
- track consumer responses to online advertisements.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser may allow you to block or limit cookies. You will need to do this on each browser and device that you use. Blocking cookies may result in loss of some functionality on the Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Using Monitoring Tools: The Site may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Site and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about Site usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Site and e-mail recipients.
IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
Analytic Tools: We also use tools and third-party services to collect information about usage of the Site, including Google Analytics. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. Generally speaking, Google Analytics collects information on how often users visit the Site, what aspects of the Site they visit when they do so, and what other websites users visited prior to accessing the Site. Google Analytics also collects information to allow us to analyze user purchasing activity. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Location-Based Features: We may collect the physical location of your device and use it to provide you with personalized location-based services or content. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such use of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such use, we may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services or content. In all other instances, you affirmatively consent that we may receive, use, share and transfer information about the physical location of your device in accordance with this Notice. Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
Do Not Track
This Site does not process Do-Not-Track (DNT) headers transmitted by Web browsers. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
The security of your Personal Data is important to us and we are committed to handling that information carefully. We use reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem.
Information Related to Minors
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
We generally retain Personal Data for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Notice or at the time the information is collected, unless a longer period of time is required by law.
Changes to Our Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you.
How to Access, Correct, or Update Your Information
You can access or modify your information and modify your preferences by contacting us as indicated in the Contact section below.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (also known as the “Shine The Light” law) permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Alternatively, businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose Personal Data of customers to third parties for the third parties; direct marketing purposes unless the customer has opted- in to such information sharing. Accordingly, we will not share your Personal Data with third parties other than our affiliates for the third party’s own direct marketing purposes unless you opt-in, for example by checking a consent check box when providing us with your information.
Forian provides innovative software solutions, proprietary data, and predictive analytics to optimize the operational, clinical, and financial performance of our healthcare customers.