ABOUT FORIAN INC.
Forian provides a unique suite of SaaS solutions, data management capabilities, and proprietary data and analytics to optimize and measure operational, clinical, and financial performance for customers within the traditional and emerging life sciences, healthcare payer and provider segments.
Forian has an immediate need for a Data Analyst to join a fast-paced, dynamic Commercial Services and Operations team developing a plethora of big data products and providing best-in-class services in healthcare, life sciences, and consumer analytics. This individual will play a vital role as part of a diverse and rapidly growing team. The primary focus of the role is to develop business intelligence analytics solutions based on high complexity data in order to provide answers to the healthcare industry’s most demanding challenges amongst a wide range of customer groups. This individual will contribute to new product development and enhancement, collaborate with sales team members, and operations engagement managers to develop and deliver custom services projects, and engage in internal initiatives that drive the success of Forian as a company.
· Working with engineering and sales teams in a fast-paced environment from concept to operations, providing deep technical subject matter expertise for successfully exploring and delivering large scale data solutions to clients using a combination of healthcare, cannabis, life sciences, and consumer data and cloud-based technologies.
· Building out repeatable processes for providing both custom and syndicated deliverables to clients in healthcare, cannabis, life sciences, and consumer analytics.
· Understanding and internalizing existing proprietary healthcare analytics methodologies and approaches, as well as the business rationale behind these approaches.
· Adapting standardized Forian methodologies towards new applications and, based on a set of business requirements, translating the requested analytics into scalable SQL code frameworks.
· Contributing to data product development by providing recommendations regarding design and standardization of Forian data products.
· Evaluating and documenting best practices for working with new and existing data sets as they are integrated into Forian data products.
· Querying datasets, visualizing query results, and creating reports to be used for both internal QA/QC and external client communications.
You Will Love This Job If
· You are passionate about healthcare data, its complexity and its value.
· You are a self-starter who is driven to help a growing company move towards the next stage in its lifecycle.
· You like to understand the big picture and enjoy solving messy problems to realize the long-term vision.
· You are highly analytical and data savvy, anchoring on data to drive first principles thinking.
· You are structured and organized in the way you think about the work at hand and know how to prioritize initiatives.
· You know how to navigate large, cross-functional challenges with effective communication targeted to the audience with professionalism and enthusiasm.
· You know how to build trust quickly and mobilize resources when you need them.
· You enjoy a remote work environment, flexible schedules, and an open vacation policy.
· You have a willingness to engage in Slack banter and a company supporting employee growth, professionally and personally.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Biology, Healthcare Analytics, Epidemiology, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
· Strong computer science fundamentals and relational data (SQL) experience
· Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You should be able to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely, and defend your beliefs.
· An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don’t shy away from challenges.
· 3+ years of experience in a healthcare-related field
· 3+ years of experience writing complex SQL
· 3+ years of experience building out client-facing deliverables
Nice-to-Have Qualifications (Pluses)
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Epidemiology, or related fields
· Experience working with pharmacy and/or medical claims data or other patient-level, longitudinal, data sets
· Experience working on consulting engagements
· Experience with health economics and outcomes research / real-world evidence project development
· Experience creating dashboards using data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Microsoft Power BI)
· Experience developing in Python
· Experience with machine learning/AI
· Experience working with consumer demographic/psychographic data
· Knowledge of pharmaceutical and/or cannabis industries and transactional data
· Experience working within HIPAA compliance standards
· Experience working within Redshift or Snowflake database platforms
Preferred locations include: PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, MD or DE.