We are seeking a Lead Research Scientist, Real World Evidence who is interested in conducting research related to the clinical, economic and health impacts of traditional medicines and therapeutic alternatives, including those derived from cannabinoids. The ideal candidate has experience leading real world observational research studies and is interested in collaborating with a variety of clients to develop real world evidence related to traditional, innovative and emerging alternative therapies. He/she has a high level of curiosity who takes initiative to address challenging questions, is a critical thinker and problem solver and values collaboration. He/she will be responsible for directing all phases of research including design and implementation of research studies utilizing a variety of qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Types of studies include retrospective and observational database studies, patient registries, systematic literature reviews, qualitative primary data collection studies utilizing survey or interview methods.
- Serve as the scientific leader within our Center for Real World Evidence Practice to develop and execute on all phases of real world research studies including retrospective real world database studies, systematic literature reviews, registries, primary data collection studies utilizing survey or interview methods.
- Develop scientific operational plans for RWE research including qualitative/quantitative research.
- Identify, leverage/access/collect and analyze real world data assets that best support Forian’s RWE strategy.
- Support the development of new proposals and opportunities with broad range of clients (life sciences, academia, government, emerging therapies)
- Participate in SOP and process efficiency and practice development initiatives
- Development and publication of abstracts, posters and manuscripts
- Prepare deliverables for client presentation (final reports, slide decks, technical memoranda, posters, podium presentations, and manuscripts
- Represent the organization and present health outcomes research in publications and at professional conferences, forums, and meetings.
- Recognized as subject matter expert for real world evidence within Forian.
- Support growth of the RWE team and organization to achieve stated goals.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. and/or Master’s Degree in a discipline related to epidemiology, biostatistics, health economics and outcomes research, health services research, pharmacoepidemiology, public health, public policy
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience conducting real world evidence research within academia, life sciences industry and/or consulting sectors.
- Demonstrated track record of scientific research with publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Experience designing and executing retrospective and prospective real world data studies, real world registries, healthcare quality-improvement interventions with emerging therapies.
- Experience with a variety of data sources including public and private data, surveys, claims, electronic medical records, clinical trial data, digital health data, registries and the relative strengths and limitations of different types of data.
- Desire and demonstrated success leading and mentoring RWE scientific team members
Key Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to tailor communications materials to specific audiences; fluency in English.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills and ability to identify and drive creative approaches to changing external conditions.
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical product development process, understanding of relevant areas of policy debate, policymaking and policy-shaping actions at multiple levels of government.
- Strong programming and statistical analysis skills with knowledge of SAS, SQL, R, and/or Python
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of a broad range of outcomes, epidemiological and statistical research methods.
- Strong knowledge of claims, EMR and PRO data.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality research
- Ability to work cross-functionally to align perspectives and drive to agreed-upon goals.